Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

How did you celebrate Earth Day?  Did you plant a tree?  Did you begin recycling?  Was a day without electricity?  Or, did you purchase energy saving light bulbs or devices?  I hope you did something in honor of Earth Day.

One of the first commandments God gave was to dress and keep the Garden of Eden.  Genesis 2:15 " And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it."  (No offense, but to those of you who don't believe in the Bible, just consider this a good quote from a great book.)



So, to celebrate Earth Day, I dug in the earth and it was great.  My husband and I started about 7:30 a.m. weeding the garden and putting string up for our peas.  I also planted some peppers and cucumbers, and transplanted some Chinese cabbage.

My brother gave me a large rabbit cage.  We replaced the roof and it is in good condition.  So I washed it up and we put the baby chicks in it today.  The chicks enjoyed the fresh air and their new surroundings, but they are back cooped up in the wash tub tonight.  When the nights get warmer, we will leave them in it at night. 

So, Happy Earth Day, no matter how you celebrated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment