Friday, February 19, 2010

Homestead Blessings - The Art of ...

I wanted to recommend a wonderful DVD set that I would love to own myself.  http://www.homestead-blessings.com/.  The series features a mother and her three daughters.  There are several DVDs in the series:

The Art of Bread Making
The Art of Candle Making
The Art of Soap Making
The Art of Canning
The Art of Gardening
The Art of Herbs
The Art of Dairy Delights
The Art of Cooking

I just viewed The Art of Gardening and it is full of wonderful easy tips to make gardening easier-even a way to grow potatoes without dirt, right on top the ground.  This is the best tip I have ever received.  Our garden is clay.  It is so bad, I have seen seeds push a clot of dirt up as they come up.  I have amended the soil for years without too much success.  It was strip mined at one time, we believe, so the top soil is buried deep below the surface.  But with this wonderful tip, I will have potatoes this year!

Do yourself a favor, check with your library and see if they have these treasures.  If they don't request that they purchase them.  I did and that's why our library has them.  Or, better yet, visit the West Ladies online and purchase your very own set!

What do you recommend to help heavy clay soil besides move?  LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment