Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Japan

My heart truly goes out to the people of Japan.  I can't imagine the horror of being there right now and I feel helpless.  New reports are coming in of 140,000 nearby residents are being told to seal themselves in for protection from the radiation.  I hope these human beings had forethought to prepare for such a situation.  Even if there were time to go to the store to purchase necessary supplies such as duct tape, plastic, food, water, medicines, etc., would there even be enough for 140,000 people?

It sounds so calous to say let's use this as a learning experience when so much human suffering is taking place; but let's not let these people suffer in vain.  Learn from someone else's bad experience.  Be prepared.  How many times have we warned our children, but they had to learn for themselves.  Or how many times as youth did we learn our lessons the hard way.  I don't think I will ever look upon this world with the eyes of the innocent again.  I have awakened and I hope you will too.

Don't be a victim, be a survivor.  "Organize yourselves...prepare every needful thing."

http://www.fema.gov/

I don't know what else to say...but our hearts are with you our Japanese brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment